Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy father's day to the best dad ever!



My dad is truly a great man and father. He learned well from his dad, my grandfather, who was also a great man. I am so lucky to have grown up around great men. My dad...
  • Taught me right from wrong. Even when I made really bad choices, I knew what I was doing was wrong and that helped me steer myself onto something better.
  • He never ever disparaged my mother in any way- not ever.
  • He put his family first without exception.
  • He was devoted to his children, also without exception. He had fun with us, but he also parented us. We had rules and structure and consequences.
  • He never turned a blind eye to us children when we needed something, including a good lecture.
  • He put the time and energy required into raising children and keeping his family together.
When I was sick and being diagnnosed with Multiple Myeloma, my mom and dad dropped everything and rushed to San Diego. Not only were they with me when I officially received my diagnosis, but they rescued me from a terribly abusive marriage. Once they realized the extent of the abuse I was suffering, they helped me put an end to it. For that, I will forever be grateful.

Father's Day is about recognizing the great fathers in our lives and this day was truly made for my dad. I love him more than life itself and I am so blessed to have a dad like him.

I love you, Pops! Thank you for all you have done for me and for my two daughters. You are an inspiration to everyone who knows you. Every good part of me is because of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment