Sunday, July 28, 2013

My very fun weekend

William and I spent a the weekend in Park City. It was so fun! Here are some of the things we did:

  • A horseback ride at The Canyons. Utah has had some extremely hot weather this summer but Saturday was slightly overcast with light drizzle. I couldn't have ordered up better weather if I tried. Since I still am prone to flank and rib pain, I have to be careful but my horse was so sweet and gentle and cautious with me. The views from the top of The Canyons were spectacular. I think we could see Wyoming from up there.

  • The Uintas: I had no idea that the Uinta Mountains were in Utah. Well, actually, I'd never thought about the Uintas. But during our horseback ride, William was talking to our guide and got the suggestion to check it out. Wow-- it is a beautiful national forest and we drove up to the waterfalls. They looked preplanned, not natural. I can't wait to bring the girls up there and let them wade in the fresh mountain waters.
  • Dinner at The Tree Room at Sundance: I told the restaurant manager about my fight with cancer and they nearly comped out entire dinner. Had we paid what we should have, it would've been over $150 but after tip, it was $30. They were so kind and dinner was delicious. William's mashed potatoes were maybe the best I've ever had and his steak was amazing. I almost never eat beef anymore but I couldn't resist.

  • Rafting on the Weber River: It was a very easy rafting trip, even three year olds can go, so this might sound more adventurous that it was. William was once a river rafting guide and this was nothing to him but it was a new experience for me. It was fun and, more importantly, we both discovered a new part of Utah that we didn't know existed. It was beautiful with some really incredible rock formations. I want to bring the girls back and let them float the river. They would love it.

Xplore Utah Jun-05-2012

  • Jaccuzzi time: So this isn't anything new or different but I had to include it just because it was nice.
We got home Sunday afternoon and before I could unpack, I took a nap. Did I say I love Utah? I do! It has its wacky part, no doubt, but it is home to some of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.

While all of the things we did were fun, you know what was best? That my horrific experience of being married to an abusive alcoholic didn't take away my ability to trust others. The day I realized that I trusted William was an incredibly cool and unexpected feeling. It is not only a relief to know and experience this, but it is liberating and hopeful. Yeah for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment