Thursday, February 27, 2014

Divorced Moms column: Almost Snapping: Brought to the Brink of the Unthinkable

Latest Divorced Moms column is out!

Almost Snapping: Brought to the Brink of the Unthinkable
By Lizzy Smith, Contributor - February 27, 2014
Fotolia_59324599_XS.jpgYears ago, I read about a woman who snapped. By all accounts, she was a good person. She had no prior record. One day, she found out her husband was cheating on her and she confronted him. They got in a huge argument and, with a child in the car, she ran him over, killing him.

I never understood how someone could ever get so angry that they would do the unthinkable. Things had to be really bad and, honestly, nothing had ever really been that bad for me. Until I married “Rob."

While I never resorted to physical violence, I was once pushed to that brink. It was the lowest point of my marriage. It was the moment when I stopped liking my husband. It was my point of no return. I remember it all too well.

The day I almost snapped was on a Sunday over President’s weekend. I was home with our two young daughters while my husband went to a Charger’s football game with his brother. We ended up getting into a heated argument via text over his refusal to help around the house. Keep reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment