Friday, February 21, 2014

Latest Divorced Moms column: The 10 Best Things About Getting Divorced

My latest Divorced Moms column is out!

The 10 Best Things About Getting Divorced

By Lizzy Smith, Contributor - February 21, 2014
10727_239.jpgI don’t know a single person who has gone through a divorce and thought it pleasurable. Divorce is tough, ugly, acrimonious and, well, it pretty much sucks. But if you look closely enough, I’ll bet you can find many great things that emerged from your divorce. I know I can. And when I think about it and remind myself of the positives, “thriving my divorce” seems a more accurate description of my experience (sort of). Hey, at least I learned to laugh again and have fun!

So I picked my ten favorite things about my divorce. It actually wasn't that hard. Consider making your own list.

1. It ended
Winston Churchill said “If you’re going thru hell, keep going.” This quote ran through my mind countless times during my marriage. In fact, I once posted it on my Facebook page. None of my friends really knew what I meant by it (I hid the abuse going on in my home from almost everyone) but I did. I was living in Hell and I knew I needed to keep moving or I would stay right there. It’s been a tough battle to finalize the divorce but at least it’s over. I no longer need to live in a constant battle zone.

Keep reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment