Thursday, April 17, 2014

Divorced Moms column: 35 things that make me swoon

My latest Divorced Moms column is out! Enjoy.

I'm Obsessed! 35 Things That Make Me Swoon
by Lizzy Smith 
April 17, 2014
There are some things in life that make me weak in the knees. Seemingly insignificant, they bring me much joy, make me smile, and feel peaceful or excited. A few weeks ago, I started carrying around a notebook and making my list. I could probably keep going but I'll stop and share. Because today is a great day and I'm only focusing on the positive. Perhaps tomorrow Snarky Lizzy will return.

Exploring new places
spring break.jpg
I love going to places I haven't been before. Just this past week was Spring Break and we discovered new parks in our own backyard. Fun!

House of Cards
 house of cards.jpg
I am completely obsessed with this Netflix series. My mom and I watched the entire two seasons in less than two weeks. Kevin Spacy and Robin Wright are phenomenal. Ruthless and shocking. The writing is superb, the character development fascinating, and the story line never predictable. Plus, it's set in Washington, DC and all about politics. Which brings me to my next obsession…

Claire Underwood’s style
 claire underwood.png
I wish I had the cash to dress just like Claire from House of Cards. Polished and tailored; impeccable taste. Her shoes and dresses make me swoon. Her hairstyle makes me (almost) long for the days that I had really short hair. Bummer I can’t afford to splurge on endless Theory shirts, Laboutin boots, and Burberry coats. But a girl can dream, no?

Surprise gifts
On Sunday, a very special man (named William) in my life surprised me with beautiful earrings. It was so unexpected! It wasn’t about the earrings (well, it sort of is—they’re my favorite, that’s how pretty they are), but about the thoughtfulness.

Keep reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment