Friday, April 25, 2014

Divorced Moms column: Drama, Illness, Alcohol, Abuse & Police. The Day We Separated

My latest Divorced Moms column!

Drama, Illness, Alcohol, Abuse & Police. The Day We Separated.
by Lizzy Smith
 
April 24, 2014
Fotolia_1727740_XS.jpgJanuary 2, 2012 is a day I will never forget. I woke up early because I had early morning medical appointments scheduled for a good chunk of the day. While getting routine lab work done, my doctor had noticed alarming abnormalities. He had ordered follow-up tests. I was terrified and filled with dread.

I had arranged for the girls to go to a friends’ house to hang out. My husband, Rob, wanted to run a bunch of errands. I asked him to drop the girls off on his way out and, in response, he exploded into a temper tantrum. “I just want to leave and get things done!” he screamed in only the way Rob can. (Truth was, numero uno “errand” was a stop by a bar.)

“Well, I think my medical tests are more important, don’t you?” I was an emotional and nervous wreck and left the house. I was beyond caring what his needs were.

Keep reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment