Thursday, August 7, 2014

Divorced Moms column: 10 resolutions for the new school year

My latest Divorced Moms column is out!

10 Resolutions For The Upcoming School Year
by Lizzy Smith                     
August 07, 2014
Share on Tumblr
Fotolia_56916265_XS.jpg

At the end of the summer, I'm always really bummed to let go of the "un-structure." I love not having the pressure of helping with homework, packing lunches, managing morning carpool, ensuring that backpacks are pre-packed before going to bed, and juggling endless after school activities. But ready or not, school is back in session in less than two weeks for us. And as I stare at the inevitable, I made some resolutions for the year ahead. Maybe if I say focused, we will have the best school year ever. My list is now on my refrigerator door so I am continually reminded of my goals. Here they are:

I will cook dinner and we will eat together 
The dinner table is a critical component in raising healthy kids. This summer, I've failed miserably. In fact, if I'm not hungry, I forget that I should feed them at all. But once school starts, I am re-committing to cooking dinner several nights per week and eating together.

Keep reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment