Thursday, August 28, 2014

DIvorced Moms colum: I'm throwing myself a pity party

My latest on Divorced Moms. Happy Labor Day!

I'm Throwing Myself a Pity Party. 11 Ideas On Throwing Your Own
by Lizzy Smith                    
August 28, 2014
                                                                       
10727_460.jpg
It’s official. I am throwing myself a major Pitty Party, cake and all. The reason? Who cares! I simply feel like indulging, celebrating, and commiserating. When divorce-related blues kick us in the ass, sometimes no amount of looking, sounding or feeling strong will suffice. If this sounds like you, here are a few ideas for your throwing your own Pitty Party, whether it be with friends, children or solo. The only requirements for your pitty party? No guilt, no excuses, no apologies.
Eat, Drink & Be Merry My favorite comfort foods are mashed potatoes, mac & cheese (the really good kind, not Kraft out of the box), and sourdough bread with butter. I also love popcorn and brownies with chocolate frosting on top—not together, though! Sometimes nothing makes me feel happier than putting on jammmies, watching a movie, and eating food that I shouldn’t.
My favorite drink is a lemon martini. Grabbing friends and going out and having just enough spirits to make me a bit tipsy is just what the doctor ordered. Whimsical, fun, and, yes, indulgent (because I don’t do this all that often)!

No comments:

Post a Comment