Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Divorced Moms column: 10 Ways To Stay Cozy During Cooler Temps

My latest on Divorced Moms. Hard to believe that summer is nearly over. Dang, it's still hot outside and, yes, today I am melting. I'm actually looking forward to the change in season.

10 Ways To Stay Cozy During Cooler Temps
by Lizzy Smith
 
September 01, 2014
                                                                       
Fotolia_68554874_XS.jpg
 
Cooler temps are on their way. So how does this divorced mom plan to stay cozy in the months ahead? I’ve already started getting ready!
  1. Heated Mattress Pad. There are few things better than getting into a warm bed. I have always used an electric blanket but one day I went to get a facial and my esthetician had a heated mattress pad and I fell in love with it. I bought one for me and one for my daughter. The heat is awesome—it’s more subtle than a heated blanket and it doesn’t feel as heavy or suffocating to me. I highly recommend one. I purchased my on Amazon for under $50.
  2. Epsom Salts and Essential Oils. 
One of the most relaxing ways to call it a night is with a hot bath. I love to read a good book, soak in some soothing scents, and get warm. So my bath routine includes a big scoop of Epsom salts along with several drops of essential oils into my bath water. My favorites are lavender, lemon, and grapefruit. They are incredibly calming to my stressed out soul. I get my salts at Walmart for just a few dollars a bag. I use Doterra oils (www.doterra.com) because I have yet to find higher quality, more deliciously smelling options anywhere else.
  3. Diffuser. 
While I’m writing about scents, I also diffuse those same essential oils in my bedroom right before going to bed. Yum!

Keep reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment