Thursday, October 9, 2014

From Divorced Moms: 10 Ways Divorced Moms Can Beat The Winter Blues

From Divorced Moms. Enjoy!

10 Ways Divorced Moms Can Beat The Winter Blues
by Lizzy Smith                     
October 06, 2014
Share on Tumblr
12957_139.jpg
I don’t know about you, but my moods tend to follow the weather outdoors. And when it gets really cold and I don’t spend much time getting fresh air and natural vitamin D, I can easily get cranky. Here are ways to get out of that bad weather funk and get a healthy pick-me-up when you need it most.

Get Proper Sleep
Aim for at least eight hours of sleep a night. Naps may also be in order. Sleep deprivation not only leaves us feeling moody, but it also weakens our immune systems, leaving us more prone to getting sick. On the flip side, make sure you’re not getting too much sleep or are having a hard time getting out of bed. If this sounds like you, keep reading below for more tips. Or if you struggle with depression, it may be time to see your doctor or therapist.

Exercise
You don’t need to train for a marathon, but getting 30-minutes of exercise a day is optimal. Especially when we aren’t feeling that great, it’s tempting to become a couch potato. Do you best, though, to commit to getting up and moving around. Personally, I love power walks, hikes, and yoga.

Revamp Your Wardrobe
Within budget, consider adding a few fun pieces to your wardrobe that are outside your norm. For me, it’s all about the boots, coat and scarf. I can live happily in comfy skinny jeans and a high quality colorful T-shirt. But if I’m going to feel fashionable, I really want to be wearing great boots, a fun trench or warm coat, and a colorful scarf. There are great deals out there. A few weeks ago, I purchased a leopard print trench coat for under $75, a pair of over the knee black boots with a bit of heel for $100, and several colorful scarves under $15 each. Now if only the heat would go away so I rip off the tags and go out in public in them!

Keep reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment