Friday, November 14, 2014

What are your life's most romantic moments? Here's mine!

Well color me happy-- this is literally the funnest article I've ever written. I'm feeling all lovey and romantic after taking a walk down Memory Lane. Here are the six most romantic moments of my entire life. Now it's your turn-- I think you should make your own list. You'll see how very fun it is, trust me.

My 5 Most Romantic Moments Ever. Now It's Your Turn To Make A List!
by Lizzy Smith                    
November 14, 2014
Share on Tumblr
Fotolia_69726571_XS.jpg
A few days ago, I was chatting with my close friend, Amy, about men and relationships. She asked me my most memorable romantic moment. That was a good question. Romantic moments, best thing a guy has said to me, or done for me... I needed to sleep on that one. So this morning, I am writing them down.

6. I miss you, so I'm flying from New York City to Salt Lake City. See you in a few hours!
When I was in college, I got a job as a cocktail waitress at one of the nicest hotels in town. One night at work, I met a guy ten years my senior who was in town on business. Let's call him "Stan." Stan worked for a big investment firm on Wall Street in New York City. At the time, that was one of the most exciting jobs I could think of, on one of the most famous streets in the world, and he was living in one of the most exciting cities to boot. I had never been to New York City before. Actually, I had never been to the East coast. In total, I had only visited ten U.S. states and had stepped out of the country just a couple times when my parents drove us over the border to Canada. Stan got my phone number, took me out to dinner, we sipped Dom Perignon (at $125 a bottle) champagne together, and when he went back to New York, he called me every day. I was totally enamored.

Stan was handsome with chiseled features, an amazing physique, and fitted Brooks Brothers suits. He was smart (he had an MBA from Harvard), a world traveler, and had more money than I could fathom. Over the next several months, he came to Salt Lake City every few weeks for work and, when he did, we were together every day. I felt like I was living a Danielle Steele novel. One day, he called me early in the morning. I was still asleep and he woke me up. "I'm at the airport. What are you doing tonight? Because I miss you so I'll be there in a few hours and we are going to dinner."

I went shopping that afternoon for my first-ever cocktail dress, decent pair of shoes, and new perfume. I charged it all on my "almost to the limit" credit card. Stan arrived, he rented a car, and we spent a romantic evening together. The next day, he flew home and went back to work.
I never fell in love with Stan but when we stopped communicating, I was really bummed. Nonetheless, I cherish the memories. And his flying a few thousand miles almost across the country just to take me out to dinner is definitely on my list of "most romantic moments."

Keep reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment