Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Guess who is featured on "I Had Cancer"? That would be ME!

Look who is featured on I Had Cancer? Yours truly! Best yet are the words of encouragement I have received! Read on with a few of the comments underneath. I am so blessed! I actually had over 300 comments, so I won't post all, but there are a few to give you a flavor. They made me so happy. I get so much strength and courage from people I've never met.

"I had cancer. Multiple myeloma, the second most common blood cancer. Tom Brokaw has it, so does Mat Damon's dad. This disease mostly hits older men. But I was 44 when diagnosed. Otherwise very healthy. I ran five days a week, ate mostly organic fruits and veggies, took my vitamins, and was extremely health conscious. The minute I was diagnosed, I left my alcoholic husband (who, by the way, screamed and spit in my face on the day I was getting tested for said cancer, calling me a drama queen, lazy and a loser) and moved my daughters and I two states away, into my parents basement, and entered treatment immediately. I got loads of chemo, lost all my hair and eyebrows, got two stem cell transplants within a four month period, and got into remission. It's been three years since I was diagnosed...sometimes it's really hard, sometimes I struggle with fatigue and neuropathy and chemo brain. But I live, breathe, love and laugh--as trite as that may seem. I fear less- I went hang gliding for my birthday. I took my kids to Italy this past summer and we ate untold amounts of gloriously fresh pasta and cappuccinos. My body isn't perfect anymore but it has survived and it's thriving. Hooray for that!" – Lizzy, Multiple Myeloma Survivor

Connect with Lizzy here: ihadcancer.com/lizzysmilez

#weekofinspiration
"I had cancer. Multiple myeloma, the second most common blood cancer. Tom Brokaw has it, so does Mat Damon's dad. This disease mostly hits older men. But I was 44 when diagnosed. Otherwise very healthy. I ran five days a week, ate mostly organic fruits and veggies, took my vitamins, and was extremely health conscious. The minute I was diagnosed, I left my alcoholic husband (who, by the way, screamed and spit in my face on the day I was getting tested for said cancer, calling ...me a drama queen, lazy and a loser) and moved my daughters and I two states away, into my parents basement, and entered treatment immediately. I got loads of chemo, lost all my hair and eyebrows, got two stem cell transplants within a four month period, and got into remission. It's been three years since I was diagnosed...sometimes it's really hard, sometimes I struggle with fatigue and neuropathy and chemo brain. But I live, breathe, love and laugh--as trite as that may seem. I fear less- I went hang gliding for my birthday. I took my kids to Italy this past summer and we ate untold amounts of gloriously fresh pasta and cappuccinos. My body isn't perfect anymore but it has survived and it's thriving. Hooray for that!" – Lizzy, Multiple Myeloma Survivor
 
 
Lisa Marie Gutowski You rock babe! I wonder how much of the abusive relationship was the cause of the Cancer?
 
Judy Herrmann you've given me goosebumps. love to you and your children. i am 7 years cancer free and i agree with what you said about our bodies not being perfect. chemo and radiation took their toll on my body, but i am adjusted to my new "normal" and send best wishes to all cancer patients and cancer survivors. 
 
Brenda McLain You are one strong woman! You did the right thing for yourself and your girls. God Bless you! Best wishes for continued good health and much happiness... and maybe someone that deserves you!
 
Cynthia Shipwash Young You are awesome!!! X husband asshole right!! My son is a 2/year survivor of testicular cancer. I pray you and he remain cancer free for the rest of your lives!!
Susie Strauch Congratulations on your strength, your mental, emotional and physical healing!
 
Kathleen Wold Murray Wow, congratulations. I'm sure it wasn't easy dealing with your marriage and cancer at the same time, but us women are stronger than we think we are. God Bless (from an 8-year survivor).
 
Gary Cosgrove Best thing to do is leave those that are not there for you in your time of need ,I know that personnel experience me same no. Chemo but radiation that stuff cooks the doc's have taken a good feed away from the dogs in the end I am in remission at this time ,no fear of death it will come one day just not yet live every day the best you can ,for some days will be great others not so ,just do the best you can and love those. That are the most important people in your life and keep fighting the good fight, 9 years coming up 5 in remission
  • Marilyn Stevenson So proud of you Lizzie. You have worked. I am s two time breast cancer survivor and feel great and so blessed. Take care of yourself and continue to enjoy life. Xoxoxo
  • Debbie Houran I was diagnosed at 36 with mm and after 2 transplants am now in a clinical trial through the University of Chicago with oprozomib. So far, so good. I'm still considered in remission and am 7 years out from diagnosis. I wish you all the luck, hope, prayers and good wishes I have been lucky enough to have gotten and many more years of happy living for both of us.

    Rebecca Shaw That's awesome your in remission and fought it and beat it, sorry your husband was so ugly to you no one deserves that, moving on with your children was the best thing to do. God Bless
     
    Arthur Quesada I thank God everyday for what have each day. Thank you for your testimony of great courage I want to wish you His best in your life's journey best to all of you.

    Annie Maguire My sister at 51 was diagnosed with MM...same as you, two stem cell transplants and massive chemo...last treatment 2004...Going strong to this day..
     

    Bernice Whalen Congratulations on not just beating cancer, but for being the courageous role model to your daughters by deciding to value yourself and walking away from a bad relationship which would have been just as destructive, if not more so, than the cancer.
     

    Sylvia Gutierrez You go girl God bless you. Live life with many blessings
     

     
    Bill Scoble I WAS DIAGNOSED WHEN I WAS 44 to with multiple myeloma had rounds of chemo didn't lose my hair on till they took my cells for my transplant had my transplant went home the same day now in remission for 2years.

     
    Asselin-lamky Jacquie one year ago today I was in the cancer hospital was told I had 3 to 6 months to live as I have AML acute myeloid leukemia I had a biopsy bone marrow if I was to refuse to immediately start chemo treatments they would then send me to pallatiff care what a scary moment it was for myself and my family, today is my husband;s birthday so a year ago was not a very pleasant one and today we buried our best friend he died of pancreatic cancer so December 27th is not a good memoral day but I must share that I am in remission since juy 2014, my prayers are with all the cancer victims GOD BLESS XXX

     
    Gerilyn Gigi Shaw You are such a strong woman.. Keep fighting!!
     
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment